We're hiringSenior Backend Engineer
Cordless is an early-stage startup with a mission to improve customer support over the phone. We believe no one should be waiting on hold listening to terrible elevator music. We build tools for companies to bring together voice and text to create magical experiences for customers on a smartphone.
We are backed by Passion Capital, Entrepreneur First and angel investors from GoCardless, Monzo, Nested, Songkick, Onfido, FreeAgent & Assembled. We've just raised a Seed round and have a couple of paying customers.
We are currently a team of five and growing!
About the role
But enough about us. You will be one of the first hires at Cordless. You will work closely with us to build the product from a very early stage. You will implement new features, make decisions when to take on and address tech debt and build up the architecture. You will be responsible for the full cycle of product development: understanding requirements, writing code, testing, deploying, setting up monitoring and data analytics and debugging.
As one of the first engineers in the company you will have a huge influence on the product direction and the company's growth. You will have your say in building up the architecture, setting up the engineering practices and seeding the engineering culture alongside the CTO.
What we expect from you
- 4 years of experience building customer-facing products for a mid-level engineer position. 5+ years for senior. If you talked to customers, it's a big plus.
- You are ready to take on full product ownership. You will be involved in all stages of the product: from deciding what to build, to deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting with customers.
- You strive for clear and empathetic communication.
- You can and want to give and receive constructive feedback.
- You are proficient in at least one programming language.
- You have some experience and good understanding of distributed systems. You don't have to have production experience with microservices and cloud-based development, but it's a plus.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, well-tested production code.
- You can form and explain technical design decisions and can communicate them to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You understand technical and product trade-offs. You will often need to make a decision on what needs to be done now and later.
What we offer
- Generous stock options
- Remote work from anywhere in the GMT-3/+3
- 28 days off / year + bank holidays
- Respect of your time and a healthy work / life balance
What we value
- Clear and empathetic communication. It is a key component to both building a team where everyone can do their best work and building a product customers want to use.
- Healthy working habits and life outside work. We believe that people perform best when they are rested and happy. We also believe that putting in more hours should be the last thing to optimise for.
- The absence of cords.
Please email your CV to email@example.com. In your email please tell us a bit about yourself and what excites you about working with us!