We're hiringLead product designer
Cordless is an early-stage startup with a mission to improve customer support over the phone. We believe no one should be waiting on hold listening to terrible elevator music. We build tools for companies to bring together voice and text to create magical experiences for customers on a smartphone.
We are backed by Passion Capital, Entrepreneur First and angel investors from GoCardless, Monzo, Nested, Songkick, Onfido, FreeAgent & Assembled. We've just raised a Seed round and have a couple of paying customers.
We are currently a team of four.
We met working at Monzo - one of the European fintech unicorns - where we scaled their award-winning operations team to support over 3 million customers.
You will be the first product designer at Cordless. You will work closely with us to build the product from a very early stage. You will talk to customers to test hypotheses and help us prioritise problems to solve. You will own the full design cycle from sketches and prototyping to a beautiful design solution. You will test it with customers and work with our engineers to ship and iterate on the product. As the first designer in the company you will have a huge influence on the product direction and the company's growth. You will help us build a world-class design team as we grow.
What we expect from you
- You are 3+ years into your design career, B2B product experience is a bonus.
- You have experience doing user research with existing and prospective customers.
- You are comfortable taking an idea through all stages of the design process from user journey and sketches to customer validation and polished design.
- You've worked in multi-disciplinary teams and you strive for clear and empathetic communication.
- You can and want to give and receive constructive feedback.
- We're an early stage company, so you will enjoy this role if you are comfortable with ambiguity and autonomy.
What we offer
- Generous stock options
- Remote work from anywhere in the GMT-3/+3
- 28 days off / year + bank holidays
- Respect of your time and a healthy work / life balance
What we value
- Clear and empathetic communication. It is a key component to both building a team where everyone can do their best work and building a product customers want to use.
- Healthy working habits and life outside work. We believe that people perform best when they are rested and happy. We also believe that putting in more hours should be the last thing to optimise for.
- The absence of cords.
Please email your CV to email@example.com. In your email please tell us a bit about yourself and what excites you about working with us!